1. I got a $50 bonus for working like a crazy person last weekend. We were very busy Friday night and Sunday all day. Saturday night was a big ball of insanity. There was a rodeo in town and afterwards everyone came to eat steak dinners. Holy shit. At one point I thought about huddling in a corner and crying, but I didn’t have time to get off the line. My bosses are awesome and apparently so am I. The bonus is very appreciated.
2. Verizon is changing their data plans to a Share Everything deal. If I understand the new plan correctly, I should save at least $60 a month. I guess I’ll knuckle under and pay the $30 one time fee for upgrading my phone.
3. In Hot Gossip news, Betty Booze kicked Shaggy to the curb and moved in with Davey. This has caused a shit storm of drama at the Cowboy. Davey isn’t known for maintaining employment and he’s the type who will bring in a bag of pennies to buy a beer. He doesn’t have a car, he lives in a one bedroom shack, and his mother raises his kid (and Davey most of the time). The only person more worthless is his brother. And while Shaggy’s brother is raising his kids, at least Shaggy has a job and a car.
Betty Booze is a filthy hot mess. Her 15 year old, high school drop out daughter was busted for underage drinking last weekend, she quit/got fired from her full time job at the Visitor Center (something about being drunk and disgusting in public), so she’s picked up extra hours at the Outlaw. Well, except she can’t seem to make it to work because her life is in disarray. Shaggy threw all her shit out in the yard (typically when you move out, you take your shit with you), and now she’s busy telling people that the reason she left is because Shaggy and Foghorn Leghorn are having a gay affair. That will get her neck snapped.
Ahhh, it reminds me of Meeteetse in the 1970s. When this little town decides to go crazy, it does it right. To combine my two favourite shows (Buffy & Supernatural) it’s as if the town sits on a Hellmouth of demonic possession.
4. My Kindle is awesome! I am addicted to reading again. The only downfall I see is when I browse books on it, it is way too easy to accidentally buy a book. I’ve purchased two books I didn’t want because I wanted to read more of the description and the cursor was on “Buy”. I can immediately return them, but the refund takes several days and it’s annoying. If I purchase something off my computer, it confirms that I want to make the purchase. Not so with the Kindle. The book is delivered before I can say, “Aw, shit!”
5. Country Time Strawberry Lemonade is my new favourite thing.